HEY-OH!

Yep, you read that right. It’s HOLLYHOWEphotography (caps for my name, no spaces) and I am a natural light portrait & wedding photographer in Moncton, New Brunswick.

I love what I do. I’m obsessed with belly laughs, amazing light (golden hour, anyone?) and a quality cup of joe. So thrilled you’re here and checking out my work!

If you like what you see, please email holly@howes.ca or DM me on any of the socials!

Have a fabulous day!

H







Photo by Molly Ilse Photography
Makeup by Belle by Joëlle

Monday, March 18, 2013

it deserves a blog post.

every now and then, i come across really great sayings that i just love.  you know the ones.  you pin them, you share them on Facebook, you post them on instagram, etc....  all because they resonate with you.

well...  yesterday at church, i was sitting with my friend, penny...  and we were listening to our pastor speak (about 'simplifying our lifestyles') and the fact that we are a culture consumed with STUFF.  it was great message; a poignant reminder to take a step back sometimes, and reevaluate our priorities.

then he came out with this.






and then it hit me.

i have so much.  and i have no problem going out and buying more.  why do we feel the need to keep up with 'the joneses'?!  seriously.  i need to count my own blessings instead of those of the people around me.

LORD, help me to live simply.  help me to be content.  Help me to be a generous person.  and help me to crave You more than anything.


A devout life does bring wealth, but it’s the rich simplicity of being yourself before God.
Since we entered the world penniless and will leave it penniless.  If we have bread on the table and
shoes on our feet, that’s enough.
                                                             -- 1 Timothy 6:6-8 (MSG)



if you'd like to view the whole message, click HERE.

No comments: