HEY-OH!

Yep, you read that right. It’s HOLLYHOWEphotography (caps for my name, no spaces) and I am a natural light portrait & wedding photographer in Moncton, New Brunswick.

I love what I do. I’m obsessed with belly laughs, amazing light (golden hour, anyone?) and a quality cup of joe. So thrilled you’re here and checking out my work!

If you like what you see, please email holly@howes.ca or DM me on any of the socials!

Have a fabulous day!

H







Photo by Molly Ilse Photography
Makeup by Belle by Joëlle

Friday, November 11, 2011

may we never forget.

it's 11.11.11.  we just finished watching the CBC live broadcast of the remembrance day ceremony in ottawa. it's really quite profound, eh?  (that's so canadian of me).  ...the act of remembering.

we stand at attention as a family.  i try to sing 'o canada' (i can never get through it.)  we listen to the prayers.  we hear the 21-gun salute.  we see our governor general standing with the silver cross mother (cannot imagine...never having my son or daughter come home again...)  we see the applause of the crowds as the veterans walk together.  seeing the tears and sadness in their eyes. but also the pride and love.  my heart is overwhelmed.

i pray that we never forget the sacrifice that was made for each of us.  no matter who we are, what colour we are, we religion we are...or even how grateful we are. they fought and died so we could live.

so here i am.  remembering.  and very, very thankful.

--H






There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.
                                                                   -- John 15:13

No comments: