HEY-OH!

Yep, you read that right. It’s HOLLYHOWEphotography (caps for my name, no spaces) and I am a natural light portrait & wedding photographer in Moncton, New Brunswick.

I love what I do. I’m obsessed with belly laughs, amazing light (golden hour, anyone?) and a quality cup of joe. So thrilled you’re here and checking out my work!

If you like what you see, please email holly@howes.ca or DM me on any of the socials!

Have a fabulous day!

H







Photo by Molly Ilse Photography
Makeup by Belle by Joëlle

Friday, April 20, 2012

i'll love you forever...

you know this book?!




yeah, i don't like it.  (...)  ok.  no, not really.  josiah comes up to me this morning and wants me to read it to him.  haha.  i'm like, "dude...you gotta prepare mommy for these things!"  ;)  seriously, seriously...i could NOT get through even the first page.  because you know how it goes, right?!


A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.


...and it goes on.


BUH.  i could not get through the first page.  i was a mess and trying to choke back tears.  and you know THAT doesn't work.  especially when you have a 4 1/2 year old saying, "mommy...readdddddd........"  ;)  i'm like, "josiah......."

it's really got me lately.  how quickly time is passing.  i was driving by josiah's preschool the other day and they have a big sign out front (as they always do this time of year) saying -- NOW TAKING REGISTRATIONS FOR PRESCHOOL FALL 2012 -- and my first thought...  i won't have anybody to register this year.  ;(  boo.

...and then i had a good cry.  right there in the car.





help me, God, to truly be IN the moment.  to treasure and savour the times i have with jacob, robyn & josiah, knowing that they're only little for such a short period of time.

thank You again for the privilege of being their mom.

xo.

1 comment:

Mom on a Mission said...

Holly: I had to slow myself down a few years ago... we spent so much of the first three kids' early years in a whirlwind of therapy, playing a life-or-death beat-the-clock game, full of checklists, appointments, shortterm goals and what not. I did not have the opportunity to just 'be' with them, in the moment, in the stillness of the night, in the grey sky of early morning. It was always 'hurry up and learn this' or 'hurry up and get there' my eye always on the future prize. When we had Isabella I realized that she was my one and only chance to seize every day and relish those slow times without an agenda or a deadline. It has been so wonderful to be able to live that once elusive dream. I have relished every moment, even in the times of absolute chaos and disaster (she still is Isabella afterall). However, I find now that as we prepare for the end of the preschool era and the beginning of being parents of only elementary students I regret not having slowed it down even more. I am hopeful that between packing lunches and cleaning gym clothes I can still take a moment to breath. They are all still so young and small but before we know it there will be no more elementary school Christmas concerts, music festivals, parent teacher interviews... they will be running out the door to prom and university and summer jobs and adulthood. I hope then I will have even fewer regrets.