HEY-OH!

Yep, you read that right. It’s HOLLYHOWEphotography (caps for my name, no spaces) and I am a natural light portrait & wedding photographer in Moncton, New Brunswick.

I love what I do. I’m obsessed with belly laughs, amazing light (golden hour, anyone?) and a quality cup of joe. So thrilled you’re here and checking out my work!

If you like what you see, please email holly@howes.ca or DM me on any of the socials!

Have a fabulous day!

H







Photo by Molly Ilse Photography
Makeup by Belle by Joëlle

Thursday, February 3, 2011

challenge day.

i attend a group for moms on tuesday mornings called 'mom2mom'.  it's hosted by my church...and i love it.  this week, the lead team invited a man & his wife, ken & bonnie smith, to speak to us about youth today, bullying and a process to combat that called 'restorative justice'.

it's a movement to initiate dialogue, restoration & healing and getting kids to 'cross the line' -- where a leader asks questions like, "if you've ever been made to feel ugly or stupid, cross the line..." or "if you've ever been belittled because of the colour of your skin, your gender, your sexual preference, your religion, cross the line..."  one by one, teens (and teachers, administrators...principals even!) crossed the line.  POWERFUL stuff, when you see that you're not alone....that we're more alike than we are different.



well, i gotta say....what a POWERFUL morning.  lots of tears, lots of questions for ken....how we can bring 'challenge day' to our area schools.  i, for one, would love that.

anybody with me??!

No comments: